Sunday 22 May 2011

Weekend Writing Write-up

PRESENTING:





So I thought it would be fun to have a weekly feature about what you're writing and how you're doing with it. Lemme know in the comments; I'm also considering making this meme eventually.

This week's writing progress:


1. My current WIP: Urban Fantasy-ish first (does it count as UF if there's no romance?) draft of a first novel. I'm currently 46,000 words in, so just about in the middle. Added 10K words this week, despite my job actively trying to kill me and my studies sucking up my time like a brainsucking zombie from outer space, so yay me!

Of course, I think what I've written up to now is utter crap and I'm too afraid to go back to it to check it out since I'll get bogged down on trying to rewrite it which will lead to an endless shame spiral of guilt about not writing new stuff and then more guilt about writing such crap in the first place.... But I hear that's not uncommon.

2. My next project: I've started thinking about how to structure the plot for this one. I don't know how to classify the genre yet, but I'll get there.

3. Blogging:  None done this week. Boo, hiss. Sorry about that, I really need to do better.

Did I mention my job trying to kill me and my studies being a zombie? Yeah, there are always a million and one excuses, right? Still, I'm thinking of getting rid of the studies part of the equation for now, so this coming week I'll totally make it up to you, I promise.

4. Other Writing Stuff: I've discovered two significant writer resources this week that I just have to share with you. First is the incredible five-part course on Story Structure by Dan Wells - great stuff, even if you're a pantser! Secondly, I have done hours of research (that could have been spent blogging, but shh!) and can now categorically state that the best hashtag in all of twitter writingland is: #amwriting. Seriously, check it out!

Now, tell me all about how your writing week has gone!

No comments:

Post a Comment