Monday 9 May 2011

It’s Monday! What Are You Reading?



It's Monday, What are you reading this week? is a weekly event hosted by Sheila at Book Journey to list the books completed last week, the books currently being read and the books to be finished this week.

Strangely enough, I get most of my reading done throughout the week. This past week I have been mostly reading articles and books dealing with Virgil's Fourth Eclogue (you don't want to know, I promise), but I did manage to get through some truly awesome books that I can't wait to review!

So, on my Currently Reading list is:


 Check out the short-form synopsis from the publisher's website: 

Zinzi has a talent for finding lost things.
To save herself, she’s got to find the hardest thing of all: the truth.

I mean, it doesn't get more awesome than that. So, long backcover blurb:

Zinzi has a Sloth on her back, a dirty 419 scam habit and a talent for finding lost things. But when a client turns up dead and the cops confiscate her last paycheck, she's forced to take on her least favourite kind of job -- missing persons. Being hired by famously reclusive music producer Odi Huron to find a teenybop pop star should be her ticket out of Zoo City, the festering slum where the criminal underclass, marked by their animals, live in the shadow of the undertow. Instead, it catapults Zinzi deeper into the underbelly of a city twisted by crime and magic, where she'll be forced to confront the dark secrets of former lives -- including her own. Set in a wildly re-imagined Johannesburg, it swirls refugees, crime, the music industry, African magic and the nature of sin together into a heady brew. 

I'm about half-way through right now, and I can't WAIT to review it. Seriously, u guise, I am so excite!


Continue Reading!


What I finished last week:




As well as:



Review for these follow on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday!

I also re-read one of my favourites, which I highly recommend if you like your fantasy and paranormal with a good dose of chuckles:




That's about it - all I had time for last week, although I plan to read like a machine this coming week. So, what books have you read?

2 comments:

  1. Hi there,
    Just dropping by since you were so kind to stop by chez moi, and nice to see some South African bloggers in this vast terrian of UF :-) Again, sounds like you're enjoying the multiple books at the same time :-)

    Cheers,
    Darkeva

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much, Darkeva! I love your blog so much <3.

    ReplyDelete